Frequently Asked Questions
- Q: What is VIA Disc NP?
A: VIA Disc NP is a non-surgical, off the shelf, processed human nucleus pulposus (NP) allograft intended to supplement degenerated intervertebral discs.
- Q: What safety information is available for VIA Disc NP?
A: Careful donor screening, laboratory testing, tissue processing and electron-beam irradiation have been used to minimize the risk of transmission of relevant communicable diseases to the patient. Tissue donors are thoroughly screened and tested to meet or exceed safety standards mandated by the FDA and AATB.
As with any processed human donor tissue, VIA Disc NP cannot be guaranteed to be free of all pathogens.
CONTRAINDICATIONS: VIA Disc NP is contraindicated in patients with known sensitivities to Gentamicin, Vancomycin, or Bacitracin.
ADVERSE EVENTS: Allogeneic tissues can induce an immunologic response in the recipient. The possibility that a patient may develop alloantibodies should be considered for any patient who might be a future recipient of allograft tissue. Possible adverse events may include:
- Immunologic response
- Transmission of disease of unknown etiology and transmission of infectious agents including but not limited to: HIV, hepatitis, syphilis, or microbial contaminants
- Pain and/or inflammation
- Epidural bleedings
- Infections (from local infections up to spondylodiscitis and/or meningitis)
- Neurological deterioration as serious as lesions of the cauda equina (paraplegia secondary to ascending bleeding or infection)
- Sensory disturbances
- Disorder of potency or disorder of sexual sensibility
- Cerebrospinal fluid fistula
- Relapsing herniation
- Bladder or bowel dysfunction
- Vertebral end plate inflammation
- Q: How can I oﬀer VIA Disc NP in my practice?
A: VIA Disc NP training courses are starting soon! Click here to complete the form to receive updates regarding the VIA Disc NP training course.
- Q: Is the VIA Disc NP procedure reimbursed?
A: The VIA Disc NP procedure is an outpatient, non-surgical procedure usually performed in either a hospital outpatient department (HOPD) or an ambulatory surgery center (ASC). Two C-codes, 0627T and 0629T, have been established by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid (CMS) for the procedure as of January 1, 2021. The codes have been assigned to APC 5115, or a Level 5 Musculoskeletal Procedure. Customers using VIA DISC NP can contact VIVEX Reimbursement Support at 877.475.0888 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
VIA Disc NP is to be dispensed only by or on the order of a licensed physician.